Help give your roof a longer life – advice from roofers in the Ribble Valley
As roofers in the Ribble Valley, we know all too well about coping with the damaging effects of the elements of the North West on roofs, but today we share our best tips for maintaining the integrity of your roofing in the Ribble Valley and beyond!
It is important to us that our clients and customers feel cared for, which is the reason our customer service is the highest of our priorities. As family roofers in Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley, we appreciate that unexpected roof costs or re-roofs can make a huge dent in the family finances, and have unpleasant repercussions. That is why we are happy to provide you with the best insight in to how to put off a re-roof, and keep your roof in a healthy condition, with a little help from Absolute, roofers in the Ribble Valley and surrounding area!
As top roofers in Clitheroe, we have the low down on prolonging the life of your roof
Here are our top tips learned from years of being roofers in Clitheroe and Burnley:
- Clean your gutters. Nobody ever really wants to clean out the gutter – it can be a pain in bad weather, and on a nice day it is tempting to soak up the sun and relax. What we can tell you from experience as roofers in Clitheroe, however, is that a clogged gutter is a fast track to an unhealthy roof – encouraging moss and mould that can impact the life of your roof. Better to be safe than sorry!
- Remove build-up of twigs and leaves from your roof. In the same way as a clogged cutter can do damage, our roofers in Clitheroe know better than most that especially near chimneys, and in roof valleys, green debris can cause weeds and even rot.
- Trim overhanging branches. This is related to our second point – if there are no overhanging branches above your property, it reduces the need to remove branches and twigs from your roof, making your life simpler and easier!
- After bad weather, check for missing tiles and other damage. This can sound like a big job, but as our roofers in Clitheroe can attest – if you don’t want to get out the ladders to inspect your roof, grab a pair of binoculars and check out your roof that way!
- Finally, the best advice is, if you think you have a small roof problem, enlist the help of professional roofers in Ribble Valley as soon as possible. The smaller the job, the less the cost to you, but the longer you leave any roof problem, the more likely it will get worse, and therefore more expensive to correct. A little TLC done often can prevent a costly re-roof in the long term!
Hopefully you feel advised and assured of your roof maintenance from our roofers in Clitheroe – if you are ever in doubt, be sure to get in touch with us for advice! You can feel free to entrust your home roofing repairs to our dedicated and reliable team of roofers in the Ribble Valley and Clitheroe. Whatever your roofing project, from re-roofing in Burnley to roof repairs in Clitheroe, get in touch for the best advice and service from local family roofers in Burnley.