Roofing Contractors Clitheroe give you advice on roof maintenance
What with all the storms that have been wreaking havoc lately, mostly recently Storm Henry, it has never been more important to know about the condition of your roof, and any potential roof repairs that need to be looked at. We have put together some of the best maintenance and roofing contractor-established tips for the care of your roof. Roofing Contractors in Clitheroe Absolute are here to help!
- Don’t use a pressure washer. A pressure washer can loosen the roof tiles, and erode the protective layer provided by your roofers Burnley. This will shorten its lifespan. Only roofing contractors should use approved methods to professionally clean the roof.
- Don’t use bleach to clean the roof. Bleach can be corrosive and is not something that you want to get in the runoff, gutters and groundwater. If you have an algae problem then are measures that you can implement to tackle this. Trim the vegetation and shrub growth around the roof so it gets more sunlight. Then apply zinc strips along the ridge of the roof. Zinc is not harmful and it will form a protective coating over the roof to prevent algae.
- If your roof is more than ten years old, inspect it while it’s windstorm. While it’s important that you maintain health and safety at all times, the best way to see how your roof fairs in windy weather is to check it out DURING the windy weather. It’s best to actually go out when it’s windy and check the roof with binoculars. If you can see that the roofing slates are unstable, then it’s time to call a professional to restore the adhesive layer under the shingles.
- Never paint your roof. If the tiles are starting to look old, it may be time for a new roof from roofers Clitheroe. Painting it will surely ruin a roof system. Consider calling Absolute Roofing in before you go about doing cosmetic enhancements to your rugged roof!
- Only allow professionals to repair and maintain your roof. The handyman might be good for some things – but roofs are serious business, and are best left to the experts. It’s easy to cause irreparable damage to a roof if you don’t know what you’re doing. The best roofing contractors in Clitheroe and Burnley are happy to help you with any inquiries! It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Don’t let downspouts from an upper roof empty onto the lower roof. Downspout discharge will cause premature wear on the lower roof if it empties onto the roof surface. Instead they should be connected to the gutter system of the lower roof, or extend directly to the ground.
Absolute Roofing are based in Bury, and provide roof repairs and roofing contractors to Clitheroe, Preston, Accrington and beyond. If you have any issues with your roof – get in touch with our friendly and expert team to book in a consultation or repair!