When should you upscale roof repairs in Burnley to a full re-roof? 6 key warning signs.
When you’re looking at making roof repairs to your property, when do the small jobs add up to enough work to warrant a re-roof? Follow our advice to know when to re-roof this season!
1) An old roof – most roofing contractors in Accrington and beyond would agree that the lifespan of the average roof is between 20 and 25 years. Depending on the materials it’s made of, and who first did the work, if your roof is coming up to this age, you certainly need to be preparing to re-roof, rather than just making small roof repairs.
2) Ageing roof valleys – Though they are the lowest point of your roof, they are of the highest importance! When it comes round to autumn and winter, the roof valleys are the points which receive the most stress and strain. With the build up of leaves, and the gathering of snow in the colder months, these areas are the places that you need to watch out for.
Act now to avoid an emergency call-out from roofing contractors Accrington.
3) Missing Tiles – This is another key sign that you need to do more than invest in roof repairs in Burnley. Check to see if all of the roofing is intact.
4) Ageing chimney flashing – Like the roof valleys, the chimney flashing is a key area for wear and tear. A particular concern should be if your chimney flashing is roof cement or tar, which are susceptible to ageing. Roofing contractors in Accrington and across Lancashire can replace these with a more durable substance.
5) Flat roofing – As with roof valleys, flat roofing is susceptible to weathering, due to water pooling and freezing, or seeping through. If you have any roofing that is flat, be sure to keep a close eye on it as the seasons turn!
6) Daylight is peeking in through the roof boards – Pop up into your attic for a look at the inside of your roof. Roof repairs don’t cut the mustard when you can see daylight coming in through the boards, or if there is moisture in the insulation.
If any of these are ringing true for your roof, then why not give us a call? We provide re-roofs and roof repair in Burnley and across Lancashire, and our team of experts really know their stuff. Don’t leave it too late, or you could be sat in some pretty icy puddles as the temperature drops! For any questions you may have about your roofing, or any work you need doing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!